I sent a tweet (@wendydavie) and facebook to ask my friends and followers what physical challenge I should make for myself over the next 12 months. I got some awesome and somewhat challenging suggestions. Here is a sample:
* Christchurch Marathon
* Miners Walk - Mototapu
* New York Marathon
* Honolulu Marathon
* Challenge Wanaka
* Auckland 1/2 Ironman
* Fight for Life
* Coast to Coast
* Husky racing in Alaska
* Trek to Everest Base camp (or Sahara trek given my propensity for Altitude sickness).
Given my last foray in running resulted in me being almost crippled by blisters and foot pain, I think the marathon in the next 12 months may be stretching my abilities somewhat.
I also asked my fab family for some challenges to aspire to over the next year and they include:
* Becoming investment literate (My fab husband thought I was meaning how to earn more money, I added this to the list and then suggested something physical is more in order)
* Ski with family on 1st day of family skiing in 2013 and be fit enough to ski the season with them.
* Be fit and ready for a ski holiday in japan in January 2014 (I think the investment literacy may have to help with this one)
* Pete also mumbled something about the Buller 1/2 and Motutapu as well.
So I have been overwhelmed with amazing suggestions and challenges to work toward. However I have selected one particular challenge to aspire and train toward. I have a little under 12 months to get to this particular event. It will also require my financial acumen to improve in order to travel to it. It also involves one of my favorite places in the world. So DRUM ROLL Please..............................................